Am I addicted to pornography?
This is a self-assessment quiz for determining whether you
might be addicted to pornography.
- Do you ever find yourself spending more time viewing pornography
than you intended to?
- Are you spending less time with family and friends than
you used to because of time with pornography?
- Do you usually masturbate while viewing pornography?
- Has your job performance suffered as a result of porn
- Has your use of pornography caused problems with your
spouse or romantic partner?
- Do you sometimes prefer masturbation with pornography
over sex with your spouse or significant other?
- Do you ever wake up tired because of late-night use of
- Do you keep your porn use secret from others, sometimes
lying to cover it up?
- Do you sometimes fantasize about people you’ve seen
in pornography while having real sex with a partner?
- Has your pornography use caused trouble with the law?
- Do you seek sexual images that are more graphic, hard-core
or “forbidden” than you once did?
- Have you ever promised yourself that you would stop viewing
pornography, then broken that resolution?
- Do you ever get upset at yourself for the time and resources
you spend on pornography?
- Do you keep viewing porn even when you know you should
really be going home or going to bed?
- Have you lost the ability to find sufficient excitement
in pornography and gone beyond that to seek others for sexual
chat or illicit sexual encounters?
- Do you feel guilty or ashamed after viewing pornography
or other sexual activity?
- Do you worry that your pornography use is getting out
- Is it easier for you to reach climax masturbating to pornography
than having sex with a partner?
- Have others said that you have a problem with pornography?
- Do you find yourself looking forward to porn use as a “reward” or “escape” from
the stresses of everyday life?
If you answered yes to 5 or more of the above, you may have
a serious problem with pornography. If you answered yes to
10 or more of the above, you are probably addicted to porn.
Permission of acceptable use by